Problems with Limewire after 10.5.2 update...

Reaction score
I recently installed the new update for leopard on my mac and everything had been running smoothly until i tried to use limewire, after trying everything i could to fix it (replacing gnutella.net file, changing firewall preferences, deleting and reinstalling, deleting and reinstalling, and even trying different P2P file sharing applications none of witch worked) i realized that limewire had stopped working as soon as i installed this update.

The problem im having with limewire is as soon as it launches i can see the main screen, then it freezes and shuts down. Mac then asks if i would like to send a report to apple or relaunch the application.... i was just wondering if anyone else is having the same problem as i am (or if its just me) and if there is anything you could think of to fix limewire...

Any help would be greatly appreciated

-Derogative ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
Have you tried using Frostwire instead? It's basically Limewire but written better and without having to pay a premium for a lot of basic features.

OP
D
Reaction score
Have you tried using Frostwire instead? It's basically Frostwire but written better and without having to pay a premium for a lot of basic features.
Yea i tried a couple different programs but none of them work, they all freeze at the download screen and then shutdown. Im sure it'll get fixed soon (i hope) but for now im just wondering if anyone is having the same problem...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.