Premission Changed From Admin to Standard!

Reaction score
I very new to Macs so sorry if I ask stupid questions.

I bought an IMac with Tiger installed - Leopard was in the pack in upgrade form (it has been installed - I'm running Leopard Mac OS X 10.5.2 (9C31)). Since my last update and time machine update was installed. My permission have changed to standard from admin. I can access the my mac and access the internet, create items on the desktop and delete in trash. Me has standard access not admin access. My user name and password works for my standard login but not for the admin one (because it doesn't exist). I have look on the Apple help screen, they talk about changing the root directly (can't without an admin password). I have a upgrade leopard disc holding down the C doesn't give me any options. I really don't what to wipe it and start again as I not 100% sure what caused it.

Can you mac experts talk and idiot through it?

Thanks

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks for the information. I only have a Leopard Upgrade disk not the full version. I have opened what I have up I don't have a "Utilities menu" option.

Any other suggestions?

Will contact Apple Care today to ask for a full version.

thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.