Wireless Mighty Mouse!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" | 2.0Ghz Intel Core Duo 2 | 1GB Ram | 250GB HDD | ATi Radeon HD2400XT 128MB Video
Hi All!

Thought I would share this fact with you.

I bought my iMac C2D in Mid Sept 2007, the mouse batteries that came with it are only just starting to die. Will need to be changed before much more time passes!

5 months for mouse batteries is bloody fantastic !
I only get 2 months max out of my PC ones.

P.S does the name Mighty Mouse have anything to do with the cartoon?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
Yeah, I get about 3-4 months out of my MM batteries. I use NiMH rechargeable batteries though, so their power curve might be different. Either way it doesn't matter because I just swap out dead ones for charged ones, then lather, rinse, repeat. I haven't had to buy new batteries for my MM (or keyboard for that matter, I have the wireless bluetooth external for when I'm at my desk at home) since I got it, and that's been more than a year now.

This is my second MM, however. The first one suffered from ball-death but it was replaced under Apple Care, which is really cool because while I bought the Macbook a couple of weeks before I bought the Mighty Mouse, they still covered it when I brought it in. Might be because when I took the mouse to the Genius bar to demonstrate how it didn't work, I had the wherewithal to bring in my Macbook since I figured it would help to have a 'paired' computer with which to demonstrate it's non-function. They indicated that they appreciated that I had done that and just covered it. Free replacement, and the new one has been serving me well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" ibook g4, 1.42ghz. 512mb ram, 60gb hdd
Yeah when I was in system preferences I saw that my mighty mouse batteries were still full! after almost two months! That is amazing, and I'm glad to hear you guys are getting as much as 5 months out of them!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Blackbook 1gb/160gb
Yeah the only thing I don't like about my Logitech VX Revolution is its a battery hog, I just had to replace them the other day after less then 2 months of us. I can't wait til Logitech comes out with a BT version!

Reaction score
Hi All!

Thought I would share this fact with you.

I bought my iMac C2D in Mid Sept 2007, the mouse batteries that came with it are only just starting to die. Will need to be changed before much more time passes!

5 months for mouse batteries is bloody fantastic !
I only get 2 months max out of my PC ones.

P.S does the name Mighty Mouse have anything to do with the cartoon?

do you turn your mouse off at night when your not using it?

OP
cheetahastra
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" | 2.0Ghz Intel Core Duo 2 | 1GB Ram | 250GB HDD | ATi Radeon HD2400XT 128MB Video
Reaction score
I use an MX Revolution so I recharge it every 2-3 days. works well for me. Idk how you guys got so much life out of the mighty mouse... mine lasted 2 months or so w/ apple's batteries

OP
cheetahastra
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It may have something to do with 50/50 use with my notebook.

OP
cheetahastra
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Update: The Mouse is STILL going - hasn't faltered at all. Maybe it was just 'lag' that day it was being slow on the screen. I'll post a thread once the batteries finally die. So far its 5 months 2 weeks or so.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch Macbook Pro Retina, 2.7ghz, 128gb SSD
5 months is not v.long. My logitech mouse batteries last a good year or so before they start to die out. However I turn the mouse of when im not using it so maybe thats why...

OP
cheetahastra
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I turn mine off when im not using the Mac.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.