USB Mic not highlighting in Garagband prefs

Reaction score
I cannot get myMic to stay connected to Garage band, I'm running it through USB with an Edirol UA-4FX interface. Causes the same problem in Cubase SX.

I'm using a G4 with OSX 10.3.9

It has shown up in the prefs of Garagband in the Audio Input and works ok sometimes, but if I change any settings its impossible to get it back working.

It appears in the Garageband Audio Input Prefs list but is unable to be highlighted, and if I select the setting in System Preferences this makes no difference even if I restart, so as you can believe this is now doing my head in.

How can I simply get this to highlight in the Garageband prefs and select to make the mic input work?

OP
Z
Reaction score
Due to the lack of response I guess no one had any ideas, so I figured it out eventually.

This remedied it, for any one who needs the fix...

Open Garageband>
Close down all applications (and I mean all, Safari everything even your email, don't ask why) including Garageband>
Unplug interface from USB wait 10 secs>
Reconnect interface in USB>

Run Garageband>
Choose Garageband preferences>
Select new Drivers in drop down>
Create new track

It should now work!

Thanks me!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.