Automatically mirroring USB external drive to a Airdisk?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
8GB iPhone, MacBook Pro (15",2.33 C2D), MacBook (2.0 C2D), 4 iPods (20GB, Mini, Nano, Shuffle)
For some reason, I can't think of a utility that will help me do this...

Here's what I have:

A 250 GB MyBook external HD connected occasionally (in the evenings) to my MacBook Pro running Leopard

An Airport Extreme base station with a 500 GB LaCie HD connected via USB as an Airdisk.

What I want to happen:

I want the MyBook drive to get backed up/mirrored to the 500 GB drive automatically (or periodically) so that the two have identical data. I guess I want something that checks what the difference (or deletion) is on the MyBook and sends that data to (or deletes from) the LaCie. But only when my MacBook Pro is connected to both, of course.

Any thoughts on an app that can accomplish this? Of course, I'd love it to be smart enough to do its thing in the background without me involved (except for the initial copy over...of course, I could just set them both up as identical to begin with...then the app would just have to monitor for diff).

Thanks!

--C. A.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.