Mac Mail Settings Question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Aluminum 24" 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 1Gig RAM; 500gb Time Capsule; 16gb iPod Touch
I am new here (and to Mac OS) so my apologies for asking a dumb question.

I am trying to set Mail so when it retrieves my email from my mail server, it will delete it off the mail server. I have looked in the settings and tried a setting but when I got to work and logged in to my mail, the mail was still there.

I did a search on here and on the Apple site and did not come up with an answer.

Thanks in advance,

JD

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" 1Ghz G4  iPhone 3G  10.5.5
In Mail, go to Preferences-Accounts-Advanced

Picture 3.png

OP
R2-JD
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Aluminum 24" 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 1Gig RAM; 500gb Time Capsule; 16gb iPod Touch
Soulwar,

I did see that in the settings and am pretty sure that is the way I set it up. I am thinking that the messages I saw on my server this morning might have been ones that were there before I chose the settings. I will double check after work.

Thank you for responding!

JD

M

MacHeadCase

*Moved thread to appropriate forum - Question on Mail.app/OS X application, has nothing to do with OS 9/Classic environment*

OP
R2-JD
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
*Moved thread to appropriate forum - Question on Mail.app/OS X application, has nothing to do with OS 9/Classic environment*

Sorry about that. That's probably why when I searched for the topic in the inappropriate I found nothing :Oops: So many forums to choose from.

JD

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.