sick of pc, getting MacBook

Reaction score
I've had it with my pc. I think I am going to take it out back and shoot it. Anyway, I want to get a Macbook but there is one hitch... I love my zune. I guess the question is if I get a Macbook with xp running parallel will that handle the zune software? Also, I only use my comps for surfing and music downloads so would the 80gb be enough or would it be insufficient?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, 13.3" || iMac 20" 2.16 GHz C2D, 250 GB HD, 2 GB RAM, || 32GB i-Phone 4 || 32GB AT&T 3G iPad
A Zune on a Mac? Wow! ;D . Have you given the i-Pod a shot yet? Try one, you won't be dissappointed. For what you do with with your computer 80Gig should be enough, but if you can afford more, why not get as much as you can. Once you start playing around with you Mac, you'll find different uses for the additional hard drive space.

OP
T
Reaction score
A Zune on a Mac? Wow! ;D . Have you given the i-Pod a shot yet? Try one, you won't be dissappointed. For what you do with with your computer 80Gig should be enough, but if you can afford more, why not get as much as you can. Once you start playing around with you Mac, you'll find different uses for the additional hard drive space.
I have had an Ipod. I guess I'm one of the few that prefers the zune more. lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.33 GHz, 2Gb
What? We don't want your kind here! (Just kidding) ;-)

According to a quick Google search, it looks like both Parallels and VMWare Fusion have USB support for various devices, so I imagine you'd be OK with a media device like a Zune. Without someone actually trying it though, I don't know that you will know for certain until you (or someone) does.

.jb

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16GB Black iPhone 3G | 13" Black Macbook 2.2GHz, 4GB RAM, 200GB HD @ 7200rpm
ill be running parrallels pretty soon and ill be trying to install a software for my motorola Q (running windows mobile)

so if that works, im sure your zune will work. ill let you know :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
I think you will love your new mac

Just keep coming here, its the best Mac forum I have found and everyone will give you a helping hand with the switch

for your Zune why not contact these guys

http://www.doubletwist.com/dt/Home/FAQ.dt#q13

They say they have a mac version in the works and may support the zune if there is a demand

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8 core 2.8Ghz, 12GB RAM, 2.3TB HD; MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz, 4GB RAM, 200GB HD
Congrats on making the switch! I switched just a few weeks ago and am so glad I did. You could get the 80GB drive for now - it does save a few bucks. It's easy (and MUCH cheaper) to add your own higher capacity drive later.

I did it recently and it's very easy.

OP
T
Reaction score
Thanks for the info and support guys. I shall get a macbook with xp and give it a go. I will keep everyone updated.

.jb

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16GB Black iPhone 3G | 13" Black Macbook 2.2GHz, 4GB RAM, 200GB HD @ 7200rpm
got parallels up and running and have successfully installed windows xp along with 3 autodesk programs and my windows sync program for my phone

your zune should have no problem.

just insert the software when the parallels desktop is at the front.

if you can, buy 4GB RAM upgrade aftermarket, and set atleast 1.5GB for parrallels to use so it runs decently fast. imo

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.