xcode build help

Reaction score
I am completely out of my league with xcode, but I am trying to compile mp3val http://mp3val.sourceforge.net/ to save me from hours and hours of reripping my CD collection after a HDD crash (my backup of my MP3s apparently got messed up because all my files seem to have sync errors, skip and pop)....anywho....

I figured out how to start a new C++ project in xcode, and thought I figured out how to add the program files for mp3val...when I try and build the program I get some sort of error:

cd /Users/t_k/test
/Developer/usr/bin/g++-4.0 -o /Users/t_k/test/build/test.build/Release/test.build/Objects-normal/ppc/test -L/Users/t_k/test/build/Release -F/Users/t_k/test/build/Release -filelist /Users/t_k/test/build/test.build/Release/test.build/Objects-normal/ppc/test.LinkFileList -framework Carbon -arch ppc -mmacosx-version-min=10.5 -Wl,-dead_strip -no_dead_strip_inits_and_terms -isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk
ld: duplicate symbol _main in /Users/t_k/test/build/test.build/Release/test.build/Objects-normal/ppc/main-8A88286D.o and /Users/t_k/test/build/test.build/Release/test.build/Objects-normal/ppc/main-A07497A6.o

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

I have no idea if I am starting out on this all wrong or what. Anyone have an suggestions on how to fix it?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
I downloaded the generic command line version of the project, unzipped it, renamed the Makefile.cpp to just Makefile, and typed make to build it. This gave me the mp3val.exe executable file.

I have no idea if this is the proper way, but, to bring it into Xcode (version 3), I created a project as a C++ Tool under the Command Line Utility selection. I first removed the main.ccp file that was created by default in the Source folder, then dragged all of the .cpp & .h files into the Source folder (use the copy if needed option), then hit build. Note that I had to make the new project name mp3val. I tried a different name I got 19 errors during compiling.

OP
U
Reaction score
Thanks for the help! That worked for the build. I tried the program and it starts to analyze the first file and then gives: "segmentation fault"

Any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
Nope. Don't know.

I'd test it on a known good rip. So rip a CD and pass those files to it. If that works then perhaps your corrupted files are really messed up.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.