want to upgrade eMac

Reaction score
Hi,
I have an emac, which is 4 years old now, but still works fine. It runs OSX 10.3.9 with 256 memory. I'd like to run eyetv to view and mainly record digital tv in the UK. I'm told it needs to run on Tiger 10.4 or later and 512 memory. Could I upgrade my Mac to run Tiger/Eyetv and what does it involve, are there any instructions to achieve this?

If its not possible then what is the best mac for Eyetv, I was thinking of mac mini and connecting it to my LCD tv.

Your help and advise would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" 1Ghz G4  iPhone 3G  10.5.5
What are the specs for your emac? (processor speed, etc..)

OP
N
Reaction score
Hi,
Its a:
eMac 1.25GHz/256/80/Superdrive 15"
running MAC OS X 10.3.9 Panther

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
eMac, G4 B&W
I have the same machine. Max memory is 1 Gb, not 2.

80 Gb HD is not sufficient. I added 250 Gb and it's getting full. Working on the eMac is not for the faint-hearted. The motherboard must be removed to get at the hard drive, and you will be working very close to a high voltage CRT. There are good instructions available, just be careful! The outer case mounts the power switch with the smallest connector in the world - pull it apart and you're out $50. If a repair depot will do it at reasonable cost - go for it.(Or go portable)

I haven't installed Leopard yet, but it would have no problem with it.

Reaction score
Well, I have no idea what i'm talking about, but can't the recording be done on to an external drive?
I have no experience with eyetv or recording or anything about any of this, but I would assume you could record to an external...if not, I would be surprised indeed, but I have no idea what i'm talking about.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.