Bluetooth Mighty mouse and problems with Vista

Reaction score
I have just used Bootcamp to install Vista and all went well.

However, the bluetooth mighty mouse will not work with Vista. Windows recognizes the device and says "it's working properly" but for some reason it will not work.

I have read around the net, but there seems to be no answers to this little problem.

Also, it seems the problem is not that unique.

Any help would be much appreciated

Steve

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Wish I could help, but the mouse is one pleasent surprise I had with Vista. My BT mighty mouse was recognized and started working instantly with Vista, even before I tried to set it and before I even installed Apple's drivers.

I hope you can figure it out. the only thing I could think of is a reinstall, but that would be a serious PITA.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.4Ghz, 4GB RAM/320GB HD; BlackBook 2.4Ghz, 2GB RAM/250GB HD
I've got XP installed via Bootcamp, and had the same problem. I'm now using the wired MM when in Windows.

OP
S
Reaction score
Problem solved for installing bluetooth mighty mouse and keyboard

Hi guys

I managed to find a solution to this problem. It was a case of turning your BT device off then on during install.

Here are the instrutions:

Before you can use a Bluetooth wireless device with Windows on your Mac, you must pair the device with your computer while running Windows.

To pair a wireless Mighty Mouse or Apple keyboard with your Mac:
In Windows, open the Bluetooth Devices control panel.
In the Devices pane, click Add.
Follow the Bluetooth Device Wizard to set up your device.
To make your Apple wireless device discoverable, turn the device off and then on again.
In the passkey pane, select "Let me choose my own passkey" and enter a numeric code using the number keys along the top of the keyboard. (You can't use the numeric keypad to enter the passkey.) To pair a Wireless Mighty Mouse, enter four zeros ("0000"). To pair an Apple Wireless Keyboard, enter eight to sixteen digits.

Hope this helps

Steve

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.