printing ?

Reaction score
ok, im really learning my way around the imac, but i do run into problems at times. im having one of those times now. i need to just print one thing off a viewed webpage for the nascar pool but it wants to print 3 pages of all the ads, and headings and alot of nothing!! i highlighted the running order(thats all i need), and it still didnt work..wasting alot of paper here! thanks

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Unfortunately, this is likely not a Mac-specific problem. In general, web designers don't design their pages to fit on an 8.5x11" sheet of paper. Instead, they concentrate on making it legible in a browser window. If there is no "printer friendly" option on the screen, you may be able to get it to fit better by printing in Landscape mode rather than Portrait which should be one of the options when you go to print.

OP
D
Reaction score
ok, thanks, but isnt there a way after i highlighted what i want, i could cut,copy then drop it somewhere else then print it from there? there is printer friendly link on some of the sites, but it still prints EVERYTHING....lol

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
ok, thanks, but isnt there a way after i highlighted what i want, i could cut,copy then drop it somewhere else then print it from there? there is printer friendly link on some of the sites, but it still prints EVERYTHING....lol

You can highlight the text you want, click the Edit menu and then click Copy. Then open TextEdit (from the Applications folder) and then paste it into a text document, but that won't save the pictures.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.