KVM switch question...

Reaction score
This question isn't specifically Mac or switching, but I thought someone may know the answer just the same. I typically have my work laptop setup near my main computer, now this wonderful Mac Pro. I would like to share the keyboard and monitor between the two. I have used KVM switches in the past, but I lately run into one major problem with them.

Pretty much all of the new keyboard/mouse combos are wireless, and most if not all KVM switches do not support wireless configurations. Anyone know of good KVM that will run DVI video at 1680x1050 minimum and supports wireless keyboard/mouse?

Thanks in advance, and sorry if I'm posting a bit off subject for this group.

Reaction score
all KVM switches should support wireless keyboards and mice, no reason why they should not apart from some shoddy engineering. All DVI switches should support 1680 x 1050, if they do not it is because they do not support DVI properly, again because of shoddy engineering. A good KVM switch should be totally transparent.

All Adder KVM switches fully support wireless keyb/mouse and DVI is fully supported .. dual link DVI version is very close.

Reaction score
There is a KVM from IOGear that I've heard works pretty well. It is the GCS1762. I use the GCS1742 and it works well. I put the USB keyboard/mouse receiver in the keyboard USB port on the back of the KVM. My Windows desktop and MBP both recognize it.

OP
S
Reaction score
Wow... That is a really nice switch, too bad the price isn't really nice. The retail on that switch is $250, and Amazon had one for about $140. That's a bit pricey for my taste, but may end up being the best option. Thanks for the info.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.