Change Folder Icon

Reaction score
So i created this folder, but i am really tried of that plan blue little folder. Is there anyway to change it? Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 Pro - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - macOS Monterey
So i created this folder, but i am really tried of that plan blue little folder. Is there anyway to change it? Thanks

Yep. Find an icon you like (my favorite site for this is InterFacelift), once it's downloaded, ctrl+click and select "Get Info", click on the icon at the top-left, press ctrl+c.

Then ctrl+click and select "Get Info" on the folder whose icon you want to change. Select the icon in the top left and press ctrl+v.

Congrats! Your icon is changed!

OP
W
Reaction score
Yep. Find an icon you like (my favorite site for this is InterFacelift), once it's downloaded, ctrl+click and select "Get Info", click on the icon at the top-left, press ctrl+c.

Then ctrl+click and select "Get Info" on the folder whose icon you want to change. Select the icon in the top left and press ctrl+v.

Congrats! Your icon is changed!

Genius, thank you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Note that this only works for the one Folder you have changed. This does not do a system wide folder icon change. However, if that is what you are looking for, Interfacelift is a good place to start too. There are lots of these "face lift" packages for Tiger at least. I am not sure of the status of most of them wrt Leopard... I just haven't looked yet.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.