Hooking iPhone up to AUX

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM
Does anyone know, in general, if I'd be able to buy the belkin or whatever brand aux cable from the apple store by me and play my iphone music in my car if the stereo does not have an aux entry on the front of the stereo.

Someone told me to try getting at the back of the stereo somehow because most car stereos have at least an AUX hookup in the back of it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook: 2.2Ghz C2D 1GB RAM 120GB HDD 8x Superdrive
is your stereo factory or aftermarket?

if its factory then it would be one the front of the stereo or somewhere easy to access if it had that feature.

if its aftermarket then look up the model on the internet to see if it features an aux input. some radios like alpine and pioneer require you to purchase a seperate adaptor to change your cd changer plug into a aux input behind the radio.

i tried my friends iphone in my car and it didnt work with the headphone jack aux hookup but my ipod touch works just fine. the plug in the iphone seemed to be a tiny bit bigger.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.