iPhone screen

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.83GHz Intel Core 2 Duo ,1GB memory, 80GB hard drive Mac mini + 8GB iPhone. <3
Well this is the thing.

When the screen is black, (for example- when turning on the iPhone with the logo in the centre which is where it was first spotted.) their is a really obvious dead/stuck pixel about 1cm diagonal right of the apple logo is. (its red so i dunno if its stuck or not but stuck/dead...its still very annoying) and in other places on the screen, it almost looks glittery... its hard to explain... sort of as if not all the pixels have gone black. You can only really notice that when the screen is dark though so it doesn't annoy me as much as the red/dead one and they're really tiny as well. The main one is really in the way when im watching a dark film or looking at dark images or something. It might be my imagination or it could just annoying me more and more as I look at it but it seems like its getting bigger... When i first turned it on I noticed it but i just shrugged it off as it didn't bother me much.

And the second thing is their seems to be a thin border around the screen about 1mm/2mm wide where the picture doesn't fill the screen. I dont know whether ive just never noticed it before or it is a fault with the iPhone... the more I use it, the more it annoys me that it doesn't fill the entire screen... its most obvious when i turn down the brightness and use it in the day time.

What should I do? Am i being too picky and just picking out things which have always been their like the border thing or what?

Ive had it since November which is why im hesitant about taking it to the Apple store. A friend was looking at it and as she powered it up, she pointed out that maybe I should have something done about it, perhaps a replacement or something. I have a feeling if I go and ask them about it they're just going to look at me and say 'well why now? you've had nearly 4 months...' But the more I think about it, the more it worries me.

I dont really want it getting any worse...a few weeks ago the whole thing crashed on me and the screen wouldn't come on at all until i took it home and restored it and reset all the settings and set it up as a completely new iPhone and even now it still crashes from time to time. So Im really nervous about it as silly as it sounds. I look after it like its a baby so I cant see anything that ive done that would cause any problems which would be my fault.

So advice please? I haven't got AppleCare or anything like that but still...a year warranty and ive had it nearly 4 months.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" 1Ghz G4  iPhone 3G  10.5.5
I would take it in. They do like to keep their customers happy.
They may fix it, replace it, or nothing. Worth a shot anyways!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP C2D, 1 GB ram, 120GB HD
unless you've jailbroken or unlocked it that should be covered under your warranty.

OP
Khaiyrah
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thanks for the replys, no its not jailbroken or unlocked or anything like that

Is their not a percentage of pixels that have to be stuck/dead before they can issue a replacment? Other manufactures normally have something like 10/5% of pixels have to be dead before they can do anything about it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
8GB iPhone, MacBook Pro (15",2.33 C2D), MacBook (2.0 C2D), 4 iPods (20GB, Mini, Nano, Shuffle)
I think if you can speak a compelling case for it at the Genius Bar, they'll accommodate you with an exchange. Particularly if it's in a weird spot in the UI. I had a few strange pixels a few months back, and took it in. They swapped sim cards, activated the phone and I was on my way in 10 min.

Good luck!

OP
Khaiyrah
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I managed to get a photograph of the screen..not a very good one, and its got a smudge on it... but at least the faulty pixels are visible. I made a completely black iPhone wallpaper on photoshop because its more visible when the screen is dark. You can almost see the 'glitteryness' or it too... Just look carefully. I dont have any other iPhones to compare it to so I dont know whether its suppose t have that glittery look about it or not... But here it is-

fa83db27.jpg

(( Link if the image doesn't show - http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j230/Sekhmetra/fa83db27.jpg)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.