What kind of Merom processor is it?

Reaction score
Does anyone know what Merom processors come in the iMacs? I called Apple but they don't have that info, only that the Dual Core is the Merom. I am curious because some Meroms are weaker than others and also some are being expired in March.

Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
Maybe it's being dropped because of the new 45nm technology.... Just a guess.
Do you have a link to any sort of article about those processors being dropped? You're going to make people worry about that sort of thing if you have no facts backing up heresay.
I would think mobile processors aren't built as fast and have all the specs of a desktop processor to save some battery life and to put out less heat. Unless by "weak" you mean they aren't as durable. Explain.
I vote this thread be moved to rumors or hardware.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
I would guess that we will see new iMacs soon, based around the 45 nm Penryn series. So, this may be a time limited issue...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
Well, you're actually asking about the processor, not really the iMac itself.

The current iMacs use the T7300 and T7700 according to MacTracker. Neither of those were on your list of soon to be discontinued processors.

OP
M
Reaction score
Thank you for the info - much appreciated.

I know I was asking about the processor. Please note the use of the word "processor" in my original post.

"Does anyone know what Merom processors come in the iMacs?"

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.