disk partitioning

Reaction score
hi. just got a new mac g5 so it does have os9 classic. so to play old pc games am trying to use boot camp to install windows xp. just when trying to partition the hard drive for windows it says disk verification failed. in disk utility i am able to verify disk permissions and repair them but am unable to very disk. i assume this is connected to my inability to partition my hard drive. help please to those with the all mighty knowledge for fixing my problem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Whitebook 2.2, 4gb RAM, 200gb 7200RPM HD
hi. just got a new mac g5 so it does have os9 classic. so to play old pc games am trying to use boot camp to install windows xp. just when trying to partition the hard drive for windows it says disk verification failed. in disk utility i am able to verify disk permissions and repair them but am unable to very disk. i assume this is connected to my inability to partition my hard drive. help please to those with the all mighty knowledge for fixing my problem.

You could try using a liveCD version of gparted http://gparted.sourceforge.net/ to resize and create an empty partition, then use bootcamp to go through the installation procedures and you should be ok. Just make sure to backup any important info and have the original MacOS install disks ready if it should fail. I've used the app before and it worked for me.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.