BootCamp sound problems

Reaction score
Hey yall,
I just got Leopard and in stalled Windows XP (Service pack 3) via bootcamp on my MacBook Pro. After installation of the OS, I inserted the Leopard disk to install the necessary drivers, but refuses to install the SigmaTel drivers and says "another instance is running, please try again". The result is that I have no sound when I am in Windows... and it kinda sucks.
I've tried opening the SigmaTel driver files in the Leopard disk and running them manually, and if gives me the same message, but then begins to install. When its done it asks me to restart my computer (which i do) but when i turn it back on, it prompts me to install it again (which i try to) but then says that "the drivers on not compatible with the hardware on your machine".
After that message I ventured into my Control Panel to Sound and Audio Devices, but it says I have none.

Anyways... I'm mad confused and could use some direction. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a bunch :Smirk:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Black; 2.2 ghz core duo; 2 gb 667 mhz DDR2 SDRam; 8x SuperDrive; 160 gb hdd
It could be an issue with SP3 that just hasn't been dealt with yet...I would stay with SP2 until Windows fully releases SP3 to the public.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.