Tiger format and reinstall issue please help

Reaction score
New guy here. I have searched everywhere but I just seem to be missing it. What I am trying to accomplish without much success is a format and reinstall of Tiger from the Gray disks 1 and 2 that came with my 17" Intel iMac. I seem to be stuck in an endless loop here. The install will not let me get past the writing files stage on disk 1. It gives me the "error in installing" please install again. I have everything disconnected but mouse and keyboard. I have erased the disk using the zero method and have repaired and verifyied the disks. Still stuck in the same loop. All I can access is disk utility and the install process. Nothing I seem to do is working. Please tell me I am just missing something simple. Thanks in advance for any help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
As no one has responded have a go for you.

The discs are not update by any chance are they, or become mixed with a different model's system restore discs? Have you used these discs previously and did they install okay?

Here is a link to installing Tiger on Intel machines but don't know if it will do you any good. Maybe a job for Apple Reseller otherwise.

http://www.ehow.com/how_2056435_install-mac-os-tiger-intel.html

OP
B
Reaction score
no, these are the original disks that came with the imac. i don't have any others.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.