new iMac!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" mbp
hey everyone,
i just set up my new imac and i am enjoying it immensely!
it's so gorgeous and just huge. i swear..when i was unboxing it i had to double check my order. i thought they sent me the wrong imac ..i couldn't believe this is the smaller 20"..

anyway, i have a few questions i was hoping you could help me out with..
i'm trying to customize the dock by taking some of the icons off..
i downloaded firefox and had it installed and it was on my dock..and now it's not there anymore. how can i make it stay on the dock..?

also, i'm downloading other programs and they're all saving onto the right side of the screen..and i'd like to have the icons removed but also saved.
so, how can i delete the firefox.exe icon to the right..without removing the actual application?
make sense? ha..i've only had it for an hour so bare with me please.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Icons to the right are opened programs that are not permanently in the dock

When you close them down they disappear from the dock.

To add a program to the dock, find the original program icon in the applications folder and drag it in to the dock - that simple, now it will always be there.

Don't want an item in the dock, just drag it out, the program will still be in Applications, but its icon will no longer be a permanent feature of the dock

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 Ghz Macbook Pro, 4GB Ram, 250 GB HD
hey everyone,
i just set up my new imac and i am enjoying it immensely!
it's so gorgeous and just huge. i swear..when i was unboxing it i had to double check my order. i thought they sent me the wrong imac ..i couldn't believe this is the smaller 20"..

anyway, i have a few questions i was hoping you could help me out with..
i'm trying to customize the dock by taking some of the icons off..
i downloaded firefox and had it installed and it was on my dock..and now it's not there anymore. how can i make it stay on the dock..?

also, i'm downloading other programs and they're all saving onto the right side of the screen..and i'd like to have the icons removed but also saved.
so, how can i delete the firefox.exe icon to the right..without removing the actual application?
make sense? ha..i've only had it for an hour so bare with me please.

also, make sure you are dragging the actual application icon to the application folder. then drag the mountable file to the trash and eject it. then start the program from the application folder. if you would like it in the dock, drag it from the application folder to the dock.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
An alternate approach is that while the application (Firefox in this case) is running, right click its icon on the dock and select Keep In Dock. This will make it stay there permanently even after you quit it. You can then simply drag it around the dock to position it wherever on the dock you want it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Black; 2.2 ghz core duo; 2 gb 667 mhz DDR2 SDRam; 8x SuperDrive; 160 gb hdd

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.