Book for photoshop elements 4.0

Reaction score
hi Guys

i bought my photoshop elements 4.0 few weeks back but unfortunately i still cannot use it properly because i haven't found any book which is for mac. Most of the books out there is windows version.So pl! guys i would really be very happy if anyone of u could suggest me a book specially for Photoshop elements 4.0 for mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.4Ghz, 4GB RAM/320GB HD; BlackBook 2.4Ghz, 2GB RAM/250GB HD
Most PS books (Photoshop CS2/3, RAW) that I've seen have been written by Mac devotees. Until I recently switched back to the Mac, I had to be content with studying books with desktop images of the Mac and overcoming minor differences in the details when using my PC, such as with the toolbars and keyboard strokes. It wasn't a big deal because the programs are otherwise so similar.

Have you tried to use the book that you have?

Here is one that is written for both platforms.

http://www.amazon.com/Photoshop-Ele...oks&qid=1203366466&sr=8-2?tag=macforums0e4-20

It's gotten 4.5 stars at Amazon, and here's the product description that describes how it was rewritten for the Mac. As I do not use Elements, nor ever purchased a book by this author, I can not opine as to the usefulness of the book:

"Photoshop Elements 4: The Missing Manual covers the Windows version of the software only. When we published the book, there was no Mac version of the software (as there is now), and for various reasons, we've been unable to update this edition to include the Mac version. Nonetheless, if you're on a Mac, you can use this book. Just substitute Command for Ctrl, and Option for Alt whenever you see keystroke shortcuts, and about 98 percent of the Editor functions will work the same. The sections on the Organizer only apply to Windows because the Mac version has no Organizer."

Moderators: I noticed that this post just got archived. I presume this was a mistake.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24in&20/iPodtouch/iPhone
There should be a PDF file with it. That explains the basic and some tricks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.