dual display on my 867 12"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac G5 1.6 ghz, 768 MB Ram, 80 GB HD, Combo
Hey I wos wondering if I could run another display off of my 12" G4 867. I dont want a mirror I want another display for my PS pallets and working with Avid DV Pro. I just didn't want to spend anymore money if I can't run another display.

M

m1k

To my knowledge, all PowerBooks can have the screen split over 2 displays, so you shouldn't have any problems. I've had 2 screens running on my 12" 1.33GHz PB (not a mirror, they were actually running side by side).

Good luck!

I

iSheep

You mean PowerBooks right?
My 12-inch 1.33GHz does dual display, but I'm not sure if the older models do. Plug a monitor in, if you get a mirrored signal, go to the Displays preference and play about in there. F7 on your PowerBook keyboard should be marked as the switch button between modes of your monitors.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz C2D macbook
12" 867 PB has mini VGA instead of DVI unlike PB 1.33, so it can only mirror by default, but you can use "screen spanning doctor" and it will unlock the dual display feature.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I checked out that screen spanning doctor and it says it only works with iMacs, iBooks and eMacs. And I'm a little afraid to try it on my Powerbook. Can anyone tell me if it woks on powerbooks too?

W

Wapa18

MAC-simus said:
12" 867 PB has mini VGA instead of DVI unlike PB 1.33, so it can only mirror by default

not true. the fact it has mini VGA means that it can only be connected to a VGA monitor. you can span the displays natively on all g4 powerbooks. you don't need screen spanning doctor

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ok, I'll buy a VGA adapter and be on my way then. Thanks a lot!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.