Problems uninstalling a deleted application

Reaction score
Dear all,

A month ago I installed the mac version of SPSS program in my computer but I had some problems with the trial versiona and decided to get rid of it. I usually use Appzapper to uninstall an application, but this time (shame on me) I just deleted the app from the App folder. When I realized that this could be a problem, I looked for all the usual files to be deleted (in user/library/etc. and in library/preferences/etc., i.e. the .plist folders). Now I need to install this program again but when I run the SPSS installer it just says that it cannot be installed since I already have the program installed. I've searched and deleted all the files with "spss" in its name but it still doesn't install.

Does anyone know what can I do about it? Is there any chance to force installing/replacing a current version of an application? Maybe I'm not deleting the right files. Anyway, I'm quite desperate because I need the program for my thesis. I will appreciate any help very much. Thank you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
If you really can't uninstall try 2 things

Contact the developer and see if they have a solution

set-up a new user account (not ideal) and see if you can install the app in a new user account - you could always transfer the app across to your account and see if it still works

OP
P
Reaction score
Hi louishen, I finally found what I was doing wrong. The application I installed put an InstallShield file in my user file, and as it didn't refer directly to the application I didn't realize it was related to it. The solution was just to delete this last file, and all has worked now. Thanks a lot again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.