Mac on the tv

Reaction score
i was wondering how i could get my 13 inch screen up on my 42 inch tv(which only got a hole for a scartstik)
?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
What machine are you using? Macbook?

If so you'll need:
1. a mini DVI-composite lead
2. 3.5mm stereo jack to L and R phono plugs

This will give you the video and audio connections that will need connecting to a scart block to connect to your TV

OP
P
Reaction score
yes i am using a macbook
and thanks alot.
is the 3.5mm stereo jack to L and R phono plugs like the one u use when connecting a console like a playstation to a tv
would be good because i have one of those already

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
3.5mm is a headphones jack. You will need to buy a Y adapter that converts the headphones jack to the white and red RCA you're used to.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook White 2.16GHz 2Gb OS X 10.5, 16Gb iPhone 3G Black
as said above, you need to get a mini-dvi to composite cable (get this from the apple store or amazon etc)....just make sure you get the right one, there have been many stories of people getting the wrong cable because they havnt paid attention to the detail of the cable. This cable will give you video (yellow plug). For audio you need to get a 3.5mm headphone jack to red white (left and right) RCA this plugs into the headphone output of your macbook and gives you the sound.
Now you have the yellow (video) and the red and white (audio) cables you need. you then plug these straight into your tv or plug them into a RCA to scart converter thing, which you then stick straight into your scart port on your tv. hope this helps.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.