Hints/Tips?

C

clintob

I'm a new Mac user, just making the PC-switch, and I have a new G5 and a Powerbook (obviously with Panther) which I love.

I was wondering if there are any really good tips, tricks, hints, or other things I should know/check out about my system other than the obvious things I can play with in the System Preferences panel?

Websites, articles, books, or any other references would be great! I knew my Windows systems backwards and forwards and although I LOVE my new Macs, I'm feeling a little out of touch because I don't know many tricks, time-savers, or cool extras about the system yet.

Thanks!
Clint

OP
I

iSheep

I love this book: The Missing Manual. Full of every little thing you need to know, from very basic stuff to very technical stuff.

O'Reilly Publshing

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
I have it too, and I strongly recommend you buy it. It's well written, not the usually boring tech book, and the best introduction to Mac OS X I found until now.
It's quite a thick book, but fascinating enough you won't get bored discovering OS Xs little secrets... ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.