Adding large amount of music to iTunes

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac-Mini 2.0hz Intel Core 2 Duo processor 2GB of DDR2 SDRAM
Hello all. I am new to this forum, and also new to mac.

So far I am loving my new mac mini. It is a very powerful for such a small machine.

I ran into my first problem & am not sure what I want to do.

I have a large amount of music on a windows machine that I use as a server. I have 86.4 gigs of music in one folder & 30.3 gigs in another. i want to be able to access all of the music from itunes. And of course i don't want 2 copys! ;D

I had all of the music in itunes on a windows machine before & for the life of me can't remember how I did it without itunes creating a second copy.

Also, if anyone has any tips on how to organize that amount of music. That would be great for a I have a few doubles that I would like to remove.

Thanks for any help or ideas anyone may have.

dreck

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac-Mini 2.0hz Intel Core 2 Duo processor 2GB of DDR2 SDRAM
Nevermind I found the setting to disable copys in settings.

Thanks, dreck

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Blackbook, 2GB RAM, 2.2Ghz, 160GB HD. 160GB Ipod Classic. 16GB iphone 3GS. Red 2G Shuffle.
For organising the rest of your music - perhaps check out iEatBrainz.

Reaction score
If you have an ipod you can use that as a hard drive and use an app. called senuti (itunes backwards) and it copies all of your music from your ipod back to your mac with no trouble. if you don't have an i pod you will probably need an external hard drive or a firewire transfer.

Kial

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.