Windows via Boot Camp With Tiger

Reaction score
I keep hearing that i can install windows on to my macbook (intel based), do I need leopard or will tiger be fine?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Bootcamp for tiger was beta software - now no longer works

you will need Leopard to use Bootcamp

OP
S
Reaction score
if i install boot camp beta i understand that i need to partition my hard drive, does that mean that I would be reinstalling os x thus erasing the hard drive (all data i have currently)?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook: 2.16 CPU/2GB RAM
Here is what you need to do for the Bootcamp Beta. You must have the original Bootcamp.dmg beta or else you can't do this process. If you do have the .dmg then go the top of the screen where it says date and time and make the date go back lets say 5 years. Now, the beta will work again but once it hits November 2007 it will no longer work again so you have to put the date back again.

Reaction score
Virtual PC will work but it is agonizingly slow and absolutely not worth it. I don't believe Virtual PC will work with Tiger - I believe it requires Leopard. you can verify at sun's website.

Note that if you backdate your Mac you will mess up a lot of other things, just FYI, like your iCal, emails, etc. Not to mention violating your EULA ...

Cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.