Dropped it and now it won't work... HELP!

Reaction score
So I dropped my iPod this morning (it's a 5g 60gb), it split in half, and 2 little rubber pieces fell out. I can't figure out where they go. I closed the iPod with the parts missing, and it won't get past the Apple logo. I took it to the Apple store, and they told me I had a "corrupt" harddrive in it or something and that I'd have to reformat for even a chance of it working again... If anyone has any suggestions to at least get it working again for a little bit, so I can rip all my music to my external before getting a new iPod (I'm an idiot and didn't back stuff up), that'd be more than helpful. Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP 2.4 Ghz C2D, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, 320 GB Time Machine HDD, 1 TB Ext Media Drive
I'm having trouble understanding something...if it is YOUR iPod, why don't you have the music on your computer already? If you connect an iPod to a computer and sync it to a library without any music in it, it erases the iPod. So you must have that music somewhere if you have been syncing it before...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
And if you dropped it then Apples warranty won't cover it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.