How to Set up a rss feed in iWeb

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.
I looked in the inspector and their seems to be a way to do it if i have a blog or a podcast but not a regular website. So how may I add a RSS feed using iWeb?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" 2006 | 2011 21.5in iMac-1tb-i5-12gig | iPhone 3gs
Reopening this thread. I'm having a problem with the RSS feeds in iWeb. The files are distinctly there on the server (rss.xml files). But when I visit the site I'm working on and click on "Subscribe" I get a 404 file not found page. I've got the latest version of iWeb and have visited the "link" provided above but to no avail.

I'm not publishing to MobileMe. I have my own server/host/domain. Can anyone lend a hand?

Editing to add.... I've even tried to use the
Insert -> Button -> Subscribe to RSS
But it's grey'd out. Go figure

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" 2006 | 2011 21.5in iMac-1tb-i5-12gig | iPhone 3gs
Ok, I figured out what my problem was and am able to fix it but I'll be back to square one when I have to update pages.

Reef Gifts & Gallery is the site I'm working on and they sell sculptures and paintings. People can subscribe to their favorite artists, etc.

I had to go into the files on the ftp site and "edit" the code to delete a line of text within the feed url for it to work. But if I have to update and reupload files, I'll have to go back in and edit the feed url again. I wish there was a way to edit code in iWeb. If anyone knows how to do this that would be great!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.