FireFox Add-Ons

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Well the problem is that the add-ons need to specifically be compatible with Firefox 3.0. Doesn't Firefox tell you this when you try to install an add-on unsuccessfully?

EDIT: Silly me... that add-on does say it's compatible. DOH!

OP
hndcvcboi
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 2.8Ghz 4GB LEOPARD
Well the problem is that the add-ons need to specifically be compatible with Firefox 3.0. Doesn't Firefox tell you this when you try to install an add-on unsuccessfully?

EDIT: Silly me... that add-on does say it's compatible. DOH!

LOL, the specific problem I'm having is that the file will not download at all. It just sits there doing nothing. I have even tried to download the file through Safari and it gets stuck as well. :Grimmace:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
LOL, the specific problem I'm having is that the file will not download at all. It just sits there doing nothing. I have even tried to download the file through Safari and it gets stuck as well. :Grimmace:

I just got home so I was able to test this myself. It downloaded and installed just fine here... no problems. Best I can suggest at the moment is to try it again... maybe the server was down earlier.

OP
hndcvcboi
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I just got home so I was able to test this myself. It downloaded and installed just fine here... no problems. Best I can suggest at the moment is to try it again... maybe the server was down earlier.

Thanks for checking for me. I still can't download anything with Firefox so there must be a problem on my end. It's strange that I can't download the files with Safari either. Maybe it's in the firewall, I'll have to check that out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.4GHz w/ WD My Book 500GB HDD. MacBook Pro 2.4GHz. iPhone 5, white, 16 Gigs.
Thats odd... I have a lot of disabled plug-ins and add-ons, but I still have them in the folder. I wonder if you have a corrupt download manager in your copy of beta 3. For what is worth, I think a lot of developers of add-ons and plug-ins are still sitting tight waiting for the roll out of the completed version of Firefox3 after beta4.

OP
hndcvcboi
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thats odd... I have a lot of disabled plug-ins and add-ons, but I still have them in the folder. I wonder if you have a corrupt download manager in your copy of beta 3. For what is worth, I think a lot of developers of add-ons and plug-ins are still sitting tight waiting for the roll out of the completed version of Firefox3 after beta4.

I removed FireFox 3b3 completely and reinstalled ver 2 and now everything is working again. I'll try again to install 3b3 to see if that fixed it.

OP
hndcvcboi
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
This is weird, I just removed FF 3b3 and reinstalled FF 2. After doing that I was able to download and install any Add-On that I wanted. I then "upgraded" to FF 3b3 again and the Add-Ons that I installed on FF 2 were still there so then I tried to install another Add-On to 3b3 and it locked up again. I think the Download manager in FF 3b3 isn't working right just yet.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.4GHz w/ WD My Book 500GB HDD. MacBook Pro 2.4GHz. iPhone 5, white, 16 Gigs.
They might have also put some limitations on the download manager while FF3 is still on it's beta stage. It cuts down on the number of things they need to track during the development. And Add-on and plug-ins are notorious sources for inconsistent behaviors on the browser.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Blackbook 1gb/160gb
You have to remember that FF3 is in beta stage, so there might be bugs still in it with some thigns. Just give them a little bit of time to fix it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.