Screen problem new Mac Pro

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have just bough the new mac book pro and im having a problem with the screen refresh.

As I scroll down a web page, or a menu in my hard drive for example, lines of text on the page a repeated and stick on the screen. Its very difficult to really explain whats happening but I have taken some screen shots which illustrate exactly whats happening. This is really horrible, what should I do about it?

This problem also occurs while watching clips on you tube or when loading a web page. If im watching a clip and move my cursor, the screen starts blinking, with white patches appearing mostly on the youtube player screen - this is very strange & annoying

I have also found that im stalling alot- this is MAKING ME PINK IN THE FACE big time, I expected alot more, considering the amount of money Ive just spent.

Kindest regards,

Rob

SHOT8.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
what version of Firefox are you using, I have no problems with that page with Firefox 2.0

How new is the macbook and what version of leopard is it using

OP
K
Reaction score
Hi,

Its about 3 weeks old and I have 10.5.2 (I Think) I got the lates update last week sometime, I also have the graphics update that came after that download.

OP
K
Reaction score
Im not using firefox, im using Safari, and It happens on all pages. It doesnt just happen on internet pages either it happens all the time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
It looks like you are having some sort of graphics rendering problem. Try creating a new user and see if the problem continues to occur on that account. Let us know what happens and we'll go from there.

Did this problem occur before you applied the latest updates, or only since then?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Ill try that. To be honest I think it only started when the new updates were installed.

It quite likely did. Someone else had some graphics issues when they applied the updates also. You may be stuck with a reinstall, but we can go through the motions to try and avoid it first.

If the problem continues to occur with the new user, then reboot using the OS X install DVD and run the hardware test to make sure the hardware is OK. Make sure nothing is plugged in except a standard keyboard and mouse.

If the hardware is all OK, then boot back to OS X and install Onyx. Run that and go through its full set of maintenance utilities. Let's see if that works out.

Now... if the problem does NOT occur with the new user, then report back and we'll go a different route.

OP
K
Reaction score
Hey, problem solved - new Mac on the way. Thanks for the help, hopefully I wont be needing it again!

Regards,

Rob

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.