Product Key Finder for MAC?

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have two apps (adobe illustrator 10 & photoshop 7) running on my 4 yr old e-mac that I want to install on my new macbook. I have installation CDs for both programs but can't find the product keys sheets that used to be with them.

PCs have utilities like Product Key Finder that display the key for installed software - is there anything like that for MACs? Or other methods...

thanks for the help.

*****to clarify: i have the first 20 digits of the serial # from the splash screen but the installation requires a 25 digit serial number (what i mistakenly referred to as the "product key") that's what i can't find. is there a utility that can locate these on my mac?

*************you all probably know this but i guess i can use migration assistant in this case so i'll give that a try!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Do you get the key when you select about Illustrator in the apple menu

OP
C
Reaction score
if I understand what you mean, I think that only displays a serial number (all numbers) and not the product key which is something like letters and numbers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Have you tried contacting Adobe to see if they can send a replacement key?

OP
C
Reaction score
not yet. i never bother to register anything so i don't know if that matters? i assume it doesn't really - that they would have a list of all serial numbers even if they are unassociated with a particular user...

i've had really bad microsoft experiences but maybe contacting Adobe is the only way.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Register your software and burn all passwords on to a CDRW disc so you have them at your fingertip.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Register your software and burn all passwords on to a CDRW disc so you have them at your fingertip.

I use an app called Pastor to save the passcodes for all of my registered apps. It's free, but it's a bit of a pain because I can't sort the entries by name or any other special way. There's other alternatives that are more flexible.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.