Error copying files to Win2K3 file server

M

mikemedendorp

Hello!

I'm a PC admin at a company with 1 Mac, a G4 450...

I've just upgraded the OS to 10.2.8 and I need help getting all the files and folders that are on the MacHD to a Win2k3 file server...

When I try to copy a folder, I get the following error message: "The operation cannot be completed because one or more required items cannot be found. (Error code -120)."
When I try to copy a file, I get the same message, except the error code is -43.

I can connect to the file server and see all the files... I even created a folder on the file server using the Mac, so I don't think connectivity is the problem...

I would like help getting these files off of the Mac, on to a file server that gets backed up nightly...

I would appreciate any help!
Thanks!
Mike M.

OP
M

mikemedendorp

Does anyone know if upgrading to 10.3.5 will make my problem go away???

If anyone knows, please let me know, so I can see about getting the upgrade...

Thanks,
Mike M.

OP
B

btalon

I've got 12 Macs here and I had to move over 80,000 files from an NT Server over to a 2003 Server using a Mac (to keep the integrity of the Mac file, when I moved files from the pc, a Mac was no longer able to use it) and I ran across this all the time. The only way to get around it was to drill down inside the folder and move smaller chuncks of files at a time. Sometimes I would have to drill down to the specific file causing the error and move it by itself. I never did find any cause for this.

OP
J

jonkovach

STILL getting this problem!!!

I know it's been almost two years on this, but I am getting this problem and I cannot find a work around for it.
I am running two G5's, and one of them never gets this problem, and one gets it daily. There are no differences whatsoever that I can see.
I tried switching ethernet ports and everything else, but to no avail.

If anyone has a solution for this, PLEASE help!!!! I'm desperate!

Thanks,
Jon

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.