Outlook 2002 Contacts to Address Book

Reaction score
Very New, so please don't be too unkind :Smirk:

I have an old PC, not connected to the internet with Outlook 2002 on it. I am hoping that I will be able to move my contacts and emails to my new Imac G5 with Leopard on it. I am just using the Apple Mail, and Address Book.

I have got an external hard drive that I was going to save the information too, but I am just not sure EXACTLY how to do this. I am not that good with computers so if you have a link that explains it in detail it would be great.

Thanks in Advance, and I am slowly starting to enjoy my new machine.

Peter

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac Retina 5K/3.4GHz Core i5/256GB SSD/40GB DDR4/Logitech MX Master 2S/
One of my friends just simply forwarded all his email to his iMac, but I think he created a new comcast account in the process. That can be a bit confusing to everyone who has you on their email list.

I've heard that the simplest way is to export all your Outlook mail folders and contacts/address book to a new store folder, and then burn the folder to a CD. Once that's done, you should be able to use apple's Entourage utility to import them. Here's a link that might help:

http://www.oreillynet.com/cs/user/view/cs_msg/9928

I'm actually going to do this myself this week in between the raindrops.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.33Ghz iPhone 3G 16GB
O2m

When I change to my MAC I used a brilliant piece of software called O2M by little machines:

http://www.littlemachines.com/

It only cost $10 but I was able to transfer everything in less than an hour which would have taken me days.

You will be required to sort a few things out once you've made the transfer as it just moves it on mass, I had to then separate work emails and personal emails, etc..

One of the best labour saving programs I have ever used.

Good luck.

GP

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.