Mac messenger

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 600MHz CPU, 16MB VRAM, 384MB RAM, 100MHz Bus, OS 10.4.11.
Adium works pretty well for my cousin and I. MSN messenger for Mac is a waste of code. And the reason Microsoft likes it that way is because they will do anything, it seems, to make Macs look bad. Another primary example is Microsoft Office Mac 2004. The application Word always places typed characters on the page slowly. One might think it's because of a slow computer, but this happens on a 1 GHz G4 iBook and on a 17" MacbookPro running a dual 2.1GHz processor. So... Microsoft appears to deliberately dumb-down the performance of it's Mac applications. Makes any Mac seem slow. They still charge hundreds for their software though.

Rant rant, blah blah blah..

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Office 2004 runs slow on Intel Macs due to running under Rosetta which is Emulation for Power PC Applications. Office 2004 runs quite fast on my 1.8Ghz G4 or 2.1Ghz iMac G5.

MSN Messenger though is another story. Very poorly written application for the Mac. Adium is a great client but for those who need Video Chat on MSN, Adium at this time has no support, but it's coming soon I am told.

OP
D
Reaction score
is there any way that i could log into mercury and it will work? cos if it has a webcam feature then thats good what i need to talk n cam with my mates on

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 20 inch screen, 1gb ram, 2ghz, 250gb hard drive.
I have mercury it's crap use Microsoft messenger or adium

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 2.8Ghz 4GB LEOPARD
For those who don't want to install crap software go to www.meebo.com and use their free web client. It supports AIM, Yahoo, MSN, Gmail and a few others.

Reaction score
is there any msn messengers that support webcam for the mac ?

Not currently. If you have an Intel Mac--you can install a version of Windows and use the iSight camera on MSN Messenger for Windows. But as far as I know MSN Messenger:Mac does not have webcam support.

OP
D
Reaction score
aww i have a macbook laptop i know skype does video but people said something called aMSN has webcam features?

Reaction score
Mercury has a webcam setting that i've been meaning to test out but still haven't done.

Just curious jakebf48, why is mercury crap?
At one point it was being really slow but it seems to have fixed that recently and has been working great. I'm finally able to see contact's pictures which i wasn't able to see on adium. I have most of the features i would have on windows live messenger and I can get offline messages, another feature I couldn't get on adium. So I'm not seeing the 'crap', as you put it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.