1st Post via iMac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac Retina 5K/3.4GHz Core i5/256GB SSD/40GB DDR4/Logitech MX Master 2S/
Well... it arrived today and I'm up and running!!! This is my first official post in this forum using my new iMac!!!

SSSOOOOOOOOOOO much to learn. How do I check my network connections, see my other PCs, use my print server, just a million new experiences. How do I save favorite places in Safari, how do I add another mail account... the list goes on and on. The machine is so quiet, I can barely hear anything. I powered it up and it found my LinkSys wireless G broadband router instantly.

And BTW, as noted earlier... I bought the Apple refurb and saved myself about $300+. I went over it and there's not a mark on it. It was so well packed I almost convinced myself that they sent me one right off the assembly line.

One of my friends has the identical machine and he's coming over tomorrow to give me a hands-on tutorial.

Looking forward to a lot of fun for the next couple of weeks.

Doc

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Pro, 10 Core 3 GHz Intel Xeon W, 64 GB RAM, 2 TB HD, Vega 64 GPU
Congrats! I got a new iMac last August and haven't looked back!

Sean

Reaction score
I got my new iMac on the 8th and absolutely love it. I do have a couple of programs that require windows so I am going to keep my Windows box and use it for these apps since I don't want to pollute my iMac with Windows. I am also going to use it as a simple file server that will be shared across my network.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
Give it a week and you should be an expert by then.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2009 MacBook Pro  Mid 2007 iMac  4G iPod Touch  iPhone 4S  iPad
I'm Jealous!

Well... it arrived today and I'm up and running!!! This is my first official post in this forum using my new iMac!!!
I've actually been anticipating the moment when I click "Submit" to post my first message on my Mac, but I still have another week before I order it. This is nothing but pure torture! :Grimmace:

OP
drgrafix
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It took about 6 days to get here. There is a lot of "automatic" in the setup, but I'm having a few teething problems with my printers because they are on the network (LinkSys Print Server). I'll have to go to their web site and see if they have any specific drivers. HP indicates that the apple OS includes drivers for the HP1220c Deskjet and my HP Laserjet 5P.

I've been planning all this for months, and finally got up the courage to get'er done! Darn is this thing quiet!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.
Go to system preferences--->Printer & Fax than click the little plus sign in the bottom left corner of the window. Wait as the list calculates and as long as you are connected to the same network as your printer you should be able to see it and add it from their.:D

OP
drgrafix
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OK, went to system prefs, and followed instructions... but it won't actually let me find my wired Linksys print server. I think Linksys uses a IP address IIRC, and I didn't write that down. I remember something like SEC293 with some other numbers/letters.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.
I'm not too experienced with that sort of thing, but I'm sure someone around here is, so just keep an eye on this thread and I'm sure your question will get answered.

OP
drgrafix
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Probably should start a thread with LinkSys in the subject to get better input but thanks for the help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.66 Ghz 12 core Mac Pro (5.1 flash) High sierra
Welcome! My iMac is relatively new as well (Oct 07). I still have only scratched the surface of what it will do. Though I have pushed it as far as it will go I think in the video editing relm. No worries. I already have plans gestating for an 8-Core Mac Pro... ;D

I too have not looked back.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2.5 i5/16Gb/500Gb/Radeon 6630M-256MB
Ah this seems yo be the place for this too, this is also my first post with my iMac now that I have a keyboard that works well enough....a modern aluminum ultra slim one.... sweet ! And a huge shout out to those who help others here..... you have no idea how good it is for us coming from Windows only to the Mac even an older one like mine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Duo White
The learning curve, in my opinion is not much, although I am vaguely familiar with Windows. This is a great forum, and never be afraid to ask questions on here. Welcome...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mid'09 MBP; 2.53GHz; 8GB RAM; OS X 10.8.2 | 2G iPod Touch 32GB | iPhone 5 iOS 7.1 16GB | iPad Air
Welcome! My iMac is relatively new as well (Oct 07). I still have only scratched the surface of what it will do.
that's exactly how i feel after six weeks, so this is a relief.
there's so much to learn!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.