• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

hail. *tears*

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP C2D, 1 GB ram, 120GB HD
so i was on the way to work this morning in a rather heavy rainstorm, no big deal i thought. i pulled up to the red light and heard this loud bang kind of noise. and after looking around and thinking nothing of it i heard a few more and saw every driver's worst nightmare. almost ping pong ball sized hail, bombarding my car. the roof, hood, trunk and quarter panels are all damaged.

this was no ordinary hail storm, mind you, it kept up for like 10 minutes, and after like 10 seconds in the hail covered the street.

thank god i have the best insurance company ever.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" macbook C2D; 24" Imac, 8GB Iphone
Dont you mean pedestrians worst nightmare ;)

Sounds pretty savage, was the anything leading up to this?

OP
mck_tj05
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
there was a night full of like hurricaine force rain almost and thunder right next to my apartment but when i left for work it was pretty calm. the hail just kind of came out of nowhere.

and i guess i would rather have been in my car then been a pedestrian exposed to the hail

Reaction score
...little bit north of dallas? Oklahoma? :)

Only rain on my side of Dallas (Fort Worth) today... thankfully!

Reaction score
Great you have a good insurance company! (bet you still did a few "hail Mary's" though. ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
oh man! I'm so sorry that happened to you..

OP
mck_tj05
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
...little bit north of dallas? Oklahoma? :)

Only rain on my side of Dallas (Fort Worth) today... thankfully!

actually i live in mckinney.

Tanner31593 said:
Good thing for insurance!
Got any pics?lol

yes but the camera is in my car and i'm too lazy to walk downstairs to get it. i'll post them soon. lol

the radar looks like more rain is coming our way too...

papanohair said:
Great you have a good insurance company! (bet you still did a few "hail Mary's" though.

yes i don't think the words that came out of my mouth after i saw all the dents would pass the censor here on MF.

Reaction score
Wow, that sucks!
It took me a little bit to realize that those were REFLECTIONS of clouds on your car, at first i was like WOAH THATS A WEIRD LOOKING CAR!
LOL, I feel stupid.

Reaction score
Man, I hate hail. We had about 10k worth of damage to our house and cars when there was golf ball sized hail in 2004 (if I remember correctly).

Both cars needed new hoods, mine needed a new windshield, and of course what seemed like hundreds of small dents pulled-out.

I've never seen such severe weather as I have since moving to Texas.

OP
mck_tj05
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i hear you texas weather is the worst. i wouldn't be surprised if they decide it would be cheaper to give me a new hood.

it sucks it caused that much damage to you tho...

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Yeah, the one bubba is talking about, don't remember right now, in 2003 or 2004, had to replace the hood, trunk and top of my wife's car along with repairing the quarter panels and doors all the way down one side. Was around $6k in damage.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.