Internet?

M

Matt

I have an iMac G3 600Mhz

I have broadband, so it doesn't affect me anymore but: When I used dial up, the internet connection was very sensitive. When I had 10.1 I wiggled the cord around the port so it could just connect. When I finally got 10.3, it usually connected, sometimes it didn't, and sometimes it disconnected, especially if I didn't push the cord in the jack firmly. What do you think it is? It doesn't affect me anymore since i've got broadband. Do you think it was the phone jack? If so, how much are they and how do you install them?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz C2D macbook
its phone jack
system has nothing to do with that

OP
A

Animatronica

What jack are you talking about? do you mean the computer jack? or the phone jack at the wall? If its the phone jake at all..then its simply getting a new box and connected the proper wires. If its on the computer itself..you'll have to take it into an apple service center which they MAY be able to replace it. They may not be able to though. I'm not sure of the costs and going on that you now have broadband..i really dont see how its worth the cost to fix it.

C-ya

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
Sounds like either the phone jack on your Mac got loose, or it's the cable. Try a new cable, if thatdoesn't help, it's the jack. It definitely is a hardware problem, not OS related.
I'm not sure though if on the iMac you can change just the modem connector, I think it's soldered on the mainboard

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.