Mic drivers for xp>bootcamp

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2ghz MBP, iPhone 3GS, iPods and other nifty gadgets
I can't find XP drivers for the internal mic on my MBP, can anyone help?? I'm running leopard/XP SP2 on a core duo MPB 2.0. Most all my drivers are in order, sound works great, audio out works, buttons work, keyboard, CCC, directx9.0c, etc… but I can't seem to get the mic line in, or more importantly the internal mic to work, so no voip!:Grimmace:

Under sigmatel in the control panel, I am able to see that a mic is connected through the line in, although no sound is picked up. I've read conflicting statements that the mic must be amplified, but still the internal mic should be amped already, not to mention the boost signal option. What am I missing?

I've already reinstalled bootcamp drivers, searched my comp for any outdated or related mic/line in drivers with no avail. Searching through the apple support and Sigmatel support sites have not been helpful (yet). Thanks in advance, this should be the last thing I need to sort on my Windoze partition.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
no one uses their mics through XP? seriously?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
I do.
It works fine for me.
The driver was installed with all the other drivers when I installed them with my leopard disk.
However, I have the newer MBP, and that may be why.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Black; 2.2 ghz core duo; 2 gb 667 mhz DDR2 SDRam; 8x SuperDrive; 160 gb hdd
Check windows sound settings and make sure the mic isn't muted on accident or something...

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yeah no issues there. I've tried to cover my bases, but no luck yet.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Black; 2.2 ghz core duo; 2 gb 667 mhz DDR2 SDRam; 8x SuperDrive; 160 gb hdd
Sorry I can't be more help, I never dealt with the issue of it not working before, hopefully somebody can come up with a solution...

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Oh well thanks. I don't know what the issue is but I'll have to wait it out. If anyone has any more insight I'd like to hear it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.