My MAc has the blAck screen HELP!!!!!!!

Reaction score
I have had my Mac book Pro for about a year now. In the past 3 month i have been getting that Black screen of death more than usual. Alot of the time is when i go to shut down my computer. What could case the problem, and how do i get ride of this.

I have checked my disk permission and repaired them and getting no issues.
And deleted all of my useless files to an external.
factory4l is offline Reply With Quote

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
I have had my Mac book Pro for about a year now. In the past 3 month i have been getting that Black screen of death more than usual. Alot of the time is when i go to shut down my computer. What could case the problem, and how do i get ride of this.

I have checked my disk permission and repaired them and getting no issues.
And deleted all of my useless files to an external.
factory4l is offline Reply With Quote

There a could be more than one reason why your system behaves so unusual. The most reliable way to find the cause of this is by examining crash reports. They are located in /var/log/ and <Users>/<UserName>/Library/Logs/CrashReporter. However this needs more than general knowhow about your Mac. If you are not familiar with that, try the following things.

1) Hardware test (use the DVD supplied by Apple or TechTool Pro)
2) NVRAM reset
3) Archive & Install (if you have deleted any essential system files your Mac could become pretty unstable)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.