PC and backup blow my music collection

Reaction score
Hi Guys I have recently moved to a iMac after my home PC and external backup drive blew on me (power surge):Shouting: . Now the only place I have all my music and games etc is on my ipod. I have read that if I connect my ipod to the mac all I can do is format it therefore losing all my 29gb of music. Can anyone suggest a way around this. All I want to do is get my (yes its legal) music on to my new iMac. i would like to keep my rating and playlists if possible.

I can access a PC at work if this would help the process????

Thanks

Mac novice

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Maybe give a program like senuti a try

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
DON'T DO ANYTHING. Yet. Be patient, take your time, plan, and my guess is you can get things moved to your iMac.

Examine all your options in this case, lest you lose your music. If it was me, here are a couple options to consider.

* See if you can restore your PC data to another PC - perhaps your work PC - and authorize it through iTunes. You can have up to 5 machines authorized on your iTunes account. If you can do that, then you should be able to transfer your music from the PC to your iMac. While your PC and external drive were ruined, if you're lucky only the equipment interfacing to the drives was damaged, not the drives themselves.

* Contact iTunes support. I've had to contact them in the past through email, and they're quite helpful. Explain your situation, and see what they might suggest. If you don't get a helpful response, push to get your request forwarded to the person's manager.

* Go to a Genius Bar at a local Apple Store. They might be able to help you. While you might need to pay for service, you're not the first person to whom this has happened I'm sure.

* Google it and tune your search criteria. See what you can find.

Good luck and hope this helps!

OP
I
Reaction score
wooh guys thanks i used senuti and it worked a treat my music is saved. I mean it thanks a bunch what a simple but great programme

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.