How to uninstall programs

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I am new to the Mac world and have been a long time Microsoft user. That being said, I am looking to uninstall some trial programs such as Adobe CS3. I know that on the on MS software there is a specific uninstall procedure located in the control panel folder. Is there the same procedure for Mac software? Oh, I am using Leopard, not sure if that makes a difference.

Thanks all for your time and help.

Sincerely,

Jeff

M

MacHeadCase

Does the CS3 trial include an uninstaller somewhere? I know that I have the CS2 suite and Acrobat does have an uninstaller.

And look into the CS3 folders : if it is anything like the CS2 suite install, there is a pdf that guides you through the uninstall process.

*Moved thread to appropriate forum - Question on third-party OS X applications*

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM
Hello everyone.

I am new to the Mac world and have been a long time Microsoft user. That being said, I am looking to uninstall some trial programs such as Adobe CS3. I know that on the on MS software there is a specific uninstall procedure located in the control panel folder. Is there the same procedure for Mac software? Oh, I am using Leopard, not sure if that makes a difference.

Thanks all for your time and help.

Sincerely,

Jeff
Well, all you have to do is drag the program into the trash bin. However, that doesn't guarantee that the entire program and all of it's files will get deleted will get deleted.
Try this program. It's called AppDelete.
All you have to do is drag the program that you want to delete onto the AppDelete icon, and it makes sure that all of the program file, and the program gets deleted.
AppDelete Download Page

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Well, all you have to do is drag the program into the trash bin. However, that doesn't guarantee that the entire program and all of it's files will get deleted will get deleted.
Try this program. It's called AppDelete.
All you have to do is drag the program that you want to delete onto the AppDelete icon, and it makes sure that all of the program file, and the program gets deleted.
AppDelete Download Page

Do NOT use AppDelete or similar applications with Adobe or Microsoft products. They'll cause more problems than they solve.

As MacHeadCase said, there should be an uninstall application for CS3. Find it and use it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
Or just trash the Adobe folder. Won't bother you.

Reaction score
Hi people. New to mac and just getting used to it. I tried uninstalling office trial by dragging to the trash but i'm now unable to empty the trash, it keeps saying some files are in use. Any help would be gratefully appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Try a reboot. You may have to use Microsoft Office Uninstaller if that is not successful.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.