Leopard problems

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook - 2.4 ghz intel core duo / 4 gig of ram.
Hi everyone.

I installed Leopard about a two weeks ago (I did an upgrade) and had loads of problems with it, mainly massive slowdown. So after some advice on these forums I did a total fresh install, wiped my HD and put it back on.

Initially it was fine, but this last week I have noticed some major slowdown, even when i'm rowsing the dock (lagging like crazy), start up takes a few minutes, icons on my desktop take ages to appear and when i open up a folder, the icons inside take a while to appear and I get the spinning ball.

Thing is, my imac is good spec and should be able to handle this, and did when it was using tiger. I have updated my software (i have version 10.5.2)

Have I missed something here? Or shall I quit while i'm ahead and go back to tiger?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Download a utility such as Onyx and run the maintenance and cleaning scripts and see how you go. Running Repair Permissions may also help and Onyx has provision for running that under the maintenance option.

OP
vaughan80
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook - 2.4 ghz intel core duo / 4 gig of ram.
I've done that. No luck, still really really slow.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 2.16ghz, 2gb, 256MB
ok, so open activity monotor and see what process/application is taking up all your RAM or processor power.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.