Wife's ready to kill me...plz HELP!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
BlacBook 2.2 10.5.1
I have been reading this forum for a while, and just recently became a member after buying my first Mac (Black MacBook)...This is my first original thread, so hello all...

Long story (sorta) short...my wife is an avid wind(bl)ows user, [i.e. she is a creature of habit and windows is part of that habit] but she has fallen in love with my MacBook (though she won't admit it). So much so, she let a salesman at BestBuy talk her into buying an iMac (which is obviously somehow MY falt) with VMWare to run her needed windows programs. In setting it up for her, I used boot camp to set up the windows partition hoping that all would work well through virtualization in os x. Well, evertyhing works as well as windows can when we boot into that partition, but we are having problems with the microphone using Windows Live! messenger in the virtual machine. The video and sound took some work, but eventually pulled through...the microphone seems not to be detected when the virtual machine is running....

Do I need to reinstall the boot camp drivers through the virtual machine or is there some other simple fix...I've already tried sys prefs, and it (mic) doesn't seem to be detected there when the VM is running. Is there a way to set OS X and the VM to share the resources for the mic...or are we stuck rebooting to do video chat in windows...

Thanx in advance for any advice...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.