MacBook Pro dead pixel

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP: 2.40ghz, 4gb ram, 256mb vram
a dead pixel?

hey guys,

i found this shiny white spot on the left side of the screen of my MacBook Pro. It shows up when i put a white/black/red/green wallpaper. its is annoying me now. My laptop is still under warranty + the apple care warranty. If i bring this to the apple store, will the fix this? :|

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" Matte 2.33 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
Nope, not unless there are a good deal of them.

Apparently, only one dead pixel is no big deal, in comparison with how many pixels are indeed working. I made a thread about this same issue about a month ago, and now I'm just learning to deal with it.

Apparently, if you 'massage' the pixel, it might go away, but this only works on 'stuck' pixels.

I've massaged mine a good deal, but it's still there. I've come to terms with it.

Good luck on getting rid of yours!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
there are also some programs that are said to help cure this problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
any amount of dead pixels on a 2k$ machine is simply not happening for me.

ill find something else wrong with it, and return it.

The first MBP i bought, a 2.16 x1600 model, had about 60-100 stuck red pixels on it.

I got to the genuis bar, and he said "he didnt see it". His counterpart said "are you blind" to the genuis. I laughed, dealt with the 2nd guy from then on.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.