Best Cell Phone for use with Mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
Like the title says. my wife has a crack in her cell phone. she figures that she is graduating college soon and that she will probably be needing a smart phone for whatever job she gets. she would need to sync to contacts and iCal and maybe Mail. However, Mail is not necessary. We have not ruled out an iPhone, but we would like to see what is out there and hear from people that use them.

TIA,
Dylan

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" 1Ghz G4  iPhone 3G  10.5.5
Umm...iPhone?:Smirk:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro - iPhone
the iPhone doesn't work well with macs at all, software is totally not compatible

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP, High Res, 2GB Ram, 2.4Ghz processor Core 2 Duo
ambivalent... Your kidding, Right?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 3.06GHz 8GB of RAM 2TB HDD, 13" Aluminum MacBook 2.0GHz 4GB of RAM 500GB HDD
She has to be. My iPhone works great with my mac. I have to say the iPhone is the best phone I have ever used.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Core 2 Duo, 160GB HD, 2gb RAM, Black Macbook | iPhone | OS X Leopard
She has to be. My iPhone works great with my mac. I have to say the iPhone is the best phone I have ever used.

Agreed. It still has room for improvement. But as far as UI and connectivity (minus 3G) it is the best.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.6 C2D 4GB 17", MBP 2.33 C2D 3GB 17", MBP 2.33 C2D 2GB 15"

I use my iphone with several macs and have never had a problem....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air | iPad | iPhone | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | no more money
having been a recent convert, I'd go for the iPhone.

Pretty much all the non sybian based sony Ericsson phones sync with ical and address book.

The nokia 'smart phones' - the symbian based ones like n95 and n73 sync nicely as well. I like the fact that these phones' take your address book pictures as well.

The iPhone is the best though. Syncs via iTunes to your music, iphoto, address book and calender.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
While the iPhone is the best, if you want something else I'd say Sony Ericsson. It really syncs well with the Mac.

Reaction score
I use the Palm Centro and Missing Sync and it works great. Syncs address book, iCal, iPhoto, iTunes and more.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
The iPhone works nearly perfectly with my MacBook. There have been a couple times when things didn't quite sync properly. I had a bit of trouble with iCal when Leopard came out, but that seems to have been solved. Also, recently I added a new contact through my address book, and for some reason it didn't sync with my iPhone. I edited the contact, unedited it, and saved it, and it synced after that. It may have been an address book issue. Regardless, it works.

While I'd give two thumbs up for the iPhone, she may want to consider how she'll use this wrt work. Will it still be a personal device where she wants to be able to better manage her life outside of work, or will it be used to sync with whatever mail, contact, and calendaring system she'll have at work? If it's the former, the iPhone is perfect. If it's the latter, unless they're an Apple (versus Windows) house, the iPhone might not be her best choice. We have many people here who have the iPhone, and it doesn't apparently integrate as well as it might with MS Outlook et al.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
another vote for i-phone

Reaction score
I love my iPhone and it works great with my mac. I must say that my trek 700 p also was a great phone and synced great with missing sync, I could actually do a lot more with the Treo but the iPhone is just so cool.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
the iPhone doesn't work well with macs at all, software is totally not compatible

I must disagree strenuously. In fact the degree to which the iPhone works harmoniously with my Mac is one of the things I really love about it. EVERYTHING web related on my Mac is just auto sync'd with my iPhone everytime I plug it in - Safari bookmarks, Mail accounts and settings, Address Book... it is seamless and totally wonderful.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air | iPad | iPhone | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | no more money
I must disagree strenuously. In fact the degree to which the iPhone works harmoniously with my Mac is one of the things I really love about it. EVERYTHING web related on my Mac is just auto sync'd with my iPhone everytime I plug it in - Safari bookmarks, Mail accounts and settings, Address Book... it is seamless and totally wonderful.

Do you not think it may have been a sarcastic comment? :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Yes, that did cross my mind! :D However, just in case the original poster or any subsequent readers didn't have that same Eureka! moment, it is worth pointing out the misinformation, whether sarcasm/humor was intended or not.

Reaction score
If memory serves me correct - didn't she have a lot of trouble with her iPhone? Seems to me she even had to get another one because of the trouble she was having.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro - iPhone
If memory serves me correct - didn't she have a lot of trouble with her iPhone? Seems to me she even had to get another one because of the trouble she was having.

oh ya i did< i had it replaced 3 times, But i was being COMPLETELY TOTALLY FREAKING SARCASTIC.

just to clear that up.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.