Boot Camp

Reaction score
I heard about this from a friend. I have a macbook pro (the better one with 2.4ghz and stuff) and he said if I download something called boot camp I can get windows on there and be able to play decent games on it smoothly. Can anyone help me out with this. Is it true? Can I play good games on it if i install boot camp? Where can I get boot camp? Thanks guys. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
white Macbook, Ipod nano 1st&3rd gen
You could buy VMfusion just type into google and you should be able to download it there :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
white Macbook, Ipod nano 1st&3rd gen
Sorry I forgot to mention its not free and you it dosent come with a windows server (are what ever its called I mean like vista ect. :D)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook, 1gb RAM
Yes, you should be able to play most PC games with a Windows partition on a Macbook Pro. I think those have ATI graphics cards so you should be ok in that realm. If you have OSX 10.5 (Leopard) you will already have Boot Camp Assistant pre-installed. It will be under "Utilities" your Applications folder. If you don't have 10.5, the free beta of Boot Camp is over, so you'd have to buy it or upgrade to 10.5.

If you're wondering what Boot Camp does, it makes a Windows partition on your hard drive so you can boot to Windows instead of Mac if you wanted to.

VMfusion would probably work, but I've always been skeptical of running processor intensive apps through a virtual machine, but I'm sure someone has done it successfully.

Reaction score
You can run good games in the Bootcamp partition but not in VMware fusion as it can't handle the graphics rendering. At least not yet anyway.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Black; 2.2 ghz core duo; 2 gb 667 mhz DDR2 SDRam; 8x SuperDrive; 160 gb hdd
VMWare and Parallels are just virtuilizations based off an image, near native speed, while Boot Camp actually boots the files into memory, which IS native speeds. If you want to run intensive applications like 3D Games, use bootcamp to repartition your hard drive and run it like that. For most other purposes, VMWare or Parallels will work just fine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.