Media Center

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 DP G5
Hi all, this is my first post as well as my first Mac. I just bought a used G4 1MHZ, 768MB ram, 60G hard drive, Quicksilver model M8570. I'm going to use it as a media computer. Do you guys know of a link where someone has done this? My first question is what kind of video card upgrade do I need? I'm connecting it to a hdtv and would like to hook it up using the hdmi connection. Also what kind of memory and hard drive upgrades can I do. I was reading that I can go up to 2G of memory but haven't found anything on hard drive max. Any info would be much appreciated, like I said this is my first Mac and I know next to nothing about them. Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
According to Mactracker model 8570 is a 2003 Mirror Disc Door (MDD) and the CPU size should be 1.25GHz or 1.25GHz Dual Processor (DP).

Let us know the model as MDD use different video cards and memory to Quicksilvers. Quicksilvers can only accommodate 1.5GB RAM and MDD 2GB.

OP
W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 DP G5
I email the guy and he told me he used a generic picture and the model number is correct. I think I saw that there was a 1GHZ processor. Is the MMD model a better computer? I guess I should wait until I get it before ordering any parts.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.