About this Mac ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac pro Quad Xeon; 15" Retina Macbook Pro; macbooks (family); Macbook pro 17"; intel & G4 iMacs.
A friend of mine in the US had just been given a Mac. He is not sure what it is but it is running Mac OS 9.X. Is there an equivalent of "about this mac" under version 9 so that I can find out what he has got and what the specs are.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" 1Ghz G4  iPhone 3G  10.5.5
If I remember right, it's the same...(been awhile) Should be under the Apple menu, too.
It will have an Apple System Profiler as well. Great for finding all the specs it has.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
There was a thing called Apple system Profiler. I think it was in the Utilities folder but it should also be under the Apple menu in OS 9

OP
cowasaki
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac pro Quad Xeon; 15" Retina Macbook Pro; macbooks (family); Macbook pro 17"; intel & G4 iMacs.
If I remember right, it's the same...(been awhile) Should be under the Apple menu, too.
It will have an Apple System Profiler as well. Great for finding all the specs it has.

Unfortunately I never used a Mac prior to the addition of Intel processors (my ibook wasn't new) so I haven't used Mac Os 9. The person with the computer hasn't used any version of Mac OS.

I will Email him now to look for the above. Ta

Reaction score
Run a search of the drive (Command F) for Apple System Profiler.

I have no idea where the default location would be, but the search I ran for it listed it as a desk accessory. As mentioned, it's probably in the Utilites folder, if 9 had one. Otherwise, check the Applications folder.

Click the thumbnail.

OP
cowasaki
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks everyone. Using a combination of everyones info I have managed to get him to send me a file containing the specs of the machine he has been given - A G4 733MHz PowerMac with 2x256Mb SDRam

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.