Downgrading 10.4.10

Reaction score
Is this safe?

I've just purchased Pro Tool 7.3 MPowered and it won't launch as my powerbook has OS 10.4.10 installed and Pro Tools requires 10.4.9

I've read that if i run an Archive & Install from the install disk then run the 10.4.9 Combo Updater from apple.com i can downgrade but how safe is this and will it reformat/erase my mac??

Thanks,

YDR.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.2ghz 2G 15.5" 10.5.2; Iphone 3G
You might check and see if you can receive a free upgrade to 7.4. I just bought Pro Tools LE 7.3 and got a free upgrade. It now works with Leopard. I don't know if Mpowered is the same or not. Go to the website or call Digi if you need more assistance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.2ghz 2G 15.5" 10.5.2; Iphone 3G
It says this:
"
Note: If you’ve purchased and registered a Pro Tools M-Powered 7.3 software upgrade on or after October 1st 2007, you are eligible to receive a free upgrade to Pro Tools M-Powered 7.4 software — Digidesign will be contacting you via email shortly. Please make sure that you have registered your qualifying product to receive this special offer."

on this page: link
Look all the way at the bottom

OP
Y
Reaction score
thanks... but do i not need to be able to launch pro tools before being able to register?

How do i register the product if it won't launch?

Thanks in advance.

YDR

M

MacHeadCase

Try to contact their support staff. The link provided by Thedspeth has a Support -> Contact page.

OP
Y
Reaction score
You might check and see if you can receive a free upgrade to 7.4. I just bought Pro Tools LE 7.3 and got a free upgrade. It now works with Leopard.

Okay so i claimed my free 7.4 upgrade but according to the Digidesign website it's compatible with Leopard but not OS 10.4.10 so it looks like i still need to dwngrade to OS 10.4.9...

So, how do i go about doing this and is it safe? The OSX install discs i have are 10.4.3 and i've downloaded the MacOSX Combo10.4.9 (PPC) updater from apple.com. Is this all i need and will it install 10.4.9 without wiping my hard drive and apps?

Thanks, YDR

Mac:
G4 Powerbook 15"
1.5Ghz Processor
OS 10.4.10
1GB RAM
60GB Hard Drive
M Audio Firewire 410

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
If you have a bootable 10.4.3 disk. Then do an archive and install of it. Whihc will save yoiur environment. After which you install the 10.4.9 combo update.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.